Your own heraldic picture

General discussion about learning languages
Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt
Languages: Belgian French (N)

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Your own heraldic picture

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:41 pm

This was inspired by the language nerd thread, and in this thread you make your own herald.

You can use this website, if you want:

https://www.makeyourcoatofarms.com/app.asp

i made this one for Reineke:

then today when I started to make one for Teango (Reineke and Teango liked my posts with this on my log) I discovered that it's a bit updated, so you can write yoru own personalised motto, which wasn't there yesterday, or I didn't see it and only saw their list of mottos.

Teango: the palm tree and sun are becuase you live in hawaii.

Here is mine:

It would be fun to see your pictures :) If you prefer I will make one for you.
3 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.
: 1 / 50 Spanish grammar
: 5 / 50 Spanish vocabulary

Teango
Blue Belt
Languages: en (n)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 9&p=235545

Re: Your own heraldic picture

Postby Teango » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:04 pm

I love my coat of arms - mahalo nui loa, e ka ʻā ʻaia lani (thanks so much, noble firebird)!!
2 x

reineke
Black Belt - 3rd Dan
Languages: Fox (C4)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=6979

Postby reineke » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:29 pm

Nemo me impune lacessit. The motto goes well with the swords and guard animals (the four language skills?). I am flattered that you included a book. Thanks, vogeltje! Uh, mahalo nui loa, e ka ʻā ʻaia lani!
1 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

I can speak: Dutch, German, English, Spanish and understand Italian, Portuguese, Wallonian, Afrikaans, but not always correctly.

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Rhian asked for a translation so I will start now but then I have got to go, so I will continue later today.

Teango wrote:I love my coat of arms - mahalo nui loa, e ka ʻā ʻaia lani (thanks so much, noble firebird)!!

gerne getan. Ich freue mich, dass es dir gefällt. :)

danke für die Phrase auf Hawaiianisch!!! welches Wort bedeutet Feuervogel?

you're welcome. I'm happy that you like it.

thank you for the sentence in hawaiian. which words means Firebird?

reineke wrote:Nemo me impune lacessit. The motto goes well with the swords and guard animals (the four language skills?). I am flattered that you included a book. Thanks, vogeltje! Uh, mahalo nui loa, e ka ʻā ʻaia lani!

me alegro que te lo guste. :)

I'm happy that you like it.

Nemo me impune lacessit

¡buen idea, decir tus propias palabras! ¿quieres que las pusiere? lo puedo hacer otra vez con este título.

good idea say your own words! would you like that I put them on it? I can do that again with this title.

yes, the guard animals can be the four langauge skills haha, good idea. I put 4 becuase it's the maximum possible.
Last edited by Jar-Ptitsa on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
-w- I am Jar-ptitsa and my Hawaiian name is ʻā ʻaia. Please correct my mistakes in all the languages. Thank you very much.

Teango
Blue Belt
Languages: en (n)
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... 9&p=235545

Postby Teango » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Bitter sehr, Euleküken. :) Hier ist die wörtliche Übersetzung des vorherigen hawaiianischen Satzes: mahalo (Dank) nui (großen) loa (vielen), e [vokative Markierung] ka [geschlechtsloses Determinativ] ʻā ʻaia (ein legendärer hawaiianisher Vogel, der sich in Feuer oder feurige Lava verwandelte) lani (himmlischer).

En: You're welcome, owl chick. Here's a literal translation of the previous Hawaiian sentence: mahalo (thanks) nui (great) loa (many), e [vocative marker] ka [genderless determiner] ʻā ʻaia (a legendary Hawaiian bird who transforms into fire or fiery lava) lani (heavenly).
Last edited by Teango on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1 x

JaraM
Languages: English (N), German (B2)

Postby JaraM » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:49 am

Lol, thanks for sharing it! As for it was something stupid: a dolphin and a sword... I don't know why these pictures :)
0 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:10 am

Teango wrote:Bitter sehr, Euleküken. :) Hier ist die wörtliche Übersetzung des vorherigen hawaiianischen Satzes: mahalo (Dank) nui (großen) loa (vielen), e [vokative Markierung] ka [geschlechtsloses Determinativ] ʻā ʻaia (ein legendärer hawaiianisher Vogel, der sich in Feuer oder feurige Lava verwandelte) lani (himmlischer).

herzlichen Dank für deine tolle und sehr deutliche Erklärung!!! :)

Ich werde es bald in meinem Signature dazu schreiben.

Translation for Rhian:

thank you very much for your very nice and clear explanation. :)

Soon I will put it in my signature.
1 x

Jar-Ptitsa
Brown Belt

Postby Jar-Ptitsa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:54 pm

JaraM wrote:Lol, thanks for sharing it! As for it was something stupid: a dolphin and a sword... I don't know why these pictures :)

In the website you can choose 4 qualities, for example honesty, love animals etc, then you get a selection of pictures. The sword was on one of the heralds in the first step. Maybe you put love animals therefore they gave you a dolphin? I didn't see the dolphins, but cats, dogs, birds, elephants.
1 x

Return to “General Language Discussion”