Forum Rules have been posted

Discuss the LLORG's and HTLAL forum's past and its future here.
rdearman
Site Admin
Languages: English (N)
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1836

Forum Rules have been posted

Postby rdearman » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:23 pm

Hello All,

We've posted the forum rules up now in the rules and FAQ area. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2968

Please read the rules and abide by them. I realise they can sound very draconian, but I'm sure most of you will never fall afoul of them. Obviously we need rules because running a website can have legal implications. There are two kinds of legal liability: civil liability and criminal liability. Civil liability may lead to injunctions and damages payments; criminal liability could mean a fine and a criminal record, and possibly worse. Unfortunately, websites can create both kinds of liability for the owner and users.

In addition to the rules around libel, harrassment, copyright infringement, etc., we have rules around which we as a community have deemed to be acceptable behaviours when using the forum software, or posting content.

These rules are subject to change or modification as time goes on, so it would probably be a good idea to review them periodically, however when changes are made, we'll of course inform you.

Thank you all for making this a welcoming and inclusive community.
11 x
: 0 / 150 Read 150 books in 2024

My YouTube Channel
The Autodidactic Podcast
My Author's Newsletter

I post on this forum with mobile devices, so excuse short msgs and typos.

Return to “LLORG & HTLAL discussion area”