Access messed up these days.

Discuss the LLORG's and HTLAL forum's past and its future here.
sfuqua
Black Belt - 1st Dan
Languages: Bad English: native
Samoan: speak, but rusty
Tagalog: imperfect, but use all the time
Spanish: read
French: read some
Japanese: beginner, obsessively studying
Language Log: https://forum.language-learners.org/vie ... =15&t=9248

Access messed up these days.

Postby sfuqua » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:13 am

Is it getting to impossilbe to be impossible to get on the site quite often. I haven't tried for a few days, so this may be old news.

Am I the only one?

Is there anything I can do to help?

Am I imagining things?
0 x
荒海や佐渡によこたふ天の川

the rough sea / stretching out towards Sado / the Milky Way
Basho[1689]

Sometimes Japanese is just too much...

Iversen
Black Belt - 4th Dan
Languages: Monolingual travels in Danish, English, German, Dutch, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, Italian, Romanian and (part time) Esperanto
Ahem, not yet: Norwegian, Afrikaans, Platt, Scots, Russian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Albanian, Greek, Latin, Irish, Indonesian and a few more...
Language Log: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1027

Re: Access messed up these days.

Postby Iversen » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:26 am

I notice that Sfuqua's questions were posed Dec 29., i.e. earlier this morning, but since the last reboot I have had had no problems at all. In this moment I can hardly see the delay when I push the "Active topics" or "submit" buttons and it was just as fast yesterday. But just two days ago the site was nigh on inaccessible all the time, apart from a few blessed brief moments where it just was excruciatingly slow. So staying away for a few days was probably the best thing he could have done. I have noticed that there even during the semi-frozen periods were posted a few messages, and that's a sign that people like the site. My own method was to try to press a button, and if it didn't react within say 10 seconds then it would not be worth the trouble - time to press Escape. Else you would just get a time-out error and then have to login in again (if possible). Likewise when posting: if it didn't submit within 10 seconds then it didn't serve any purpose to wait - your best bet would be to press Escape and then leave everything untouched for maybe an hour or two. So right now it's being back to the good old days, while our administrators find out how to deal with the bots.
6 x

Return to “LLORG & HTLAL discussion area”