Search found 550 matches
Sunny weather, blooming flowers, I'm lazier: languages wither 8-) I gave up Modern Russian at lesson 22: the learning curve for the verbs of motion is too steep for me and I've lost the momentum (perhaps one lesson a day was a little too much). Instead, I'm going to read again "Le russe à votre...
- Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:57 pm
- Forum: Language logs
- Topic: Carmody's Log for French
- Replies: 71
- Views: 2648
I haven't touched French in many years. Ca va, t'as pas tout perdu :mrgreen: I can add: Très unique is not natural, you can write d'assez unique . La maison...rempli e (house is feminine) Other problem: Et bien sûr, c’était nécessaire que chaque jeune fille prend un selfie! I'm sure you know that a...
- Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:41 am
- Forum: Language logs
- Topic: Still learning French, and now starting Russian
- Replies: 98
- Views: 3300
I'm eighteen months into Russian and have read 6000 pages, but when I pick up The Head of Professor Dowell, LingQ tells me that roughly 15% of the words are words I've never seen before. This makes it 'easy' reading for me, because when I pick up Azazel by Boris Akunin, LingQ tells me that 25% of t...
- Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:37 pm
- Forum: Technical Support and Feature Requests
- Topic: Mods locking threads
- Replies: 13
- Views: 563
I didn't follow that thread, but it doesn't appear to have much to do with language learning. I had a quick glance at the last few posts and it certainly looks like it was descending into arguing, and ... not about language learning. Moderating adults is a tough job. I might not always agree, but I...
- I've reached the 50th lesson of Assimil Espagnol and will start the second wave tomorrow. I'm also listening to Language Tranfer Spanish, that I've discovered a few days ago thanks to that forum. Very similar to Michel Thomas in its approach but the student is doing far less mistakes, so it's more...
- Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:48 am
- Forum: Language Programs and Resources
- Topic: Site of questions
- Replies: 5
- Views: 129
I'm trying to access the site of questions http://iteslj.org/questions/ , but currently it doesn't seem to work (Le délai d’attente est dépassé. Le serveur à l’adresse 220.127.116.11 met trop de temps à répondre, says Firefox). Is the site working for you? Do you know a mirror site or other sites simi...